Saturday, November 9, 2013

[GET] How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent by Emily Kwok and Stephan Kesting

Click here to order this FIVE DVD set for $147 with free shipping anywhere in the world and also get our no-questions asked sixty day moneyback guarantee…


I’m also a certified instructor in Erik Paulson’s Combat Submission Wrestling, a blackbelt in Kajukenbo Karate, an instructor in Dan Inosanto’s Jun Fan JKD, Maphalindo Silat and Filipino Martial Arts program. I’ve also studied Japanese Judo, Russian Sambo, various Chinese Kung Fu systems, Brazilian Capoeira, Muay Thai Kickboxing, and many other martial arts.


I’ve published over 20 articles in magazines like blackbelt, Ultimate Grappling, Tapout Magazine and Ultimate Athlete. In addition to my print articles, I also publish two online newsletters: the Beginning BJJ Newsletter and Grapplearts Grappling Tips.


Because I’m considered to be an expert, and have a strong internet presence, I get hundreds of questions every week by email, Facebook, etc.


"What should I do when facing a bigger, stronger person? I try different techniques but none of them seem to work when there’s a big size difference. Plus I’m scared of getting injured…"


These questions and concerns are totally valid! There are many specific problems that smaller grapplers, both men and women, face on a daily basis.


When people get in touch with me about these issues I do my best to help them, but the fact that I’m 6′ 1″ and 215 lbs means that I’m just not the ideal poster boy for teaching this topic.


(This is actually kind of ironic, because even I get worried about running into bigger guys. When I was younger and doing a ton of weight training, at my peak I weighed 238 pounds. And even then I was still worried about the 250 and 300 pound guys.)


This image problem is why I first started thinking about collaborating with someone. I’ve known Emily Kwok for a long time, but she now lives across the country from me. So when we reconnected, when I heard what she had been up to, and saw how she was basically reverse-engineering Marcelo Garcia’s game, I knew I had work with her.


Emily is only 5′ 4" and has competed at 135 lbs. Her game is tailor-made for dealing with larger, stronger opponents. It needs to be!


After all, when she walks into the dojo she’s usually the only female in a male-dominated world. The vast majority of her training partners are young, UFC-obsessed alpha males, all of whom are bigger and stronger than she is. And she’s proved her techniques work, both in training and in the absolute divisions of some of the toughest tournaments around.


With the right techniques and strategies it’s absolutely possible to successfully hold your own against bigger, stronger opponents. And with the right leverage-based techniques you can even go on the offensive and bring the fight to them!


I’ve been doing martial arts a long time, and have produced a ton of videos and instructional materials.


Emily Kwok is a Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu blackbelt, and there are at least three reasons why you should listen to her if you want to learn how to handle yourself on the mat.


First of all, Emily is one hell of a competitor, so when she tells you that something works under pressure you’d better believe her!


When she was a brown belt she competed against blackbelts at the 2007 Mundials, and came away with a gold medal. That makes her a legitimate Brazilian Jiu-jitsu world champion (unlike some ‘World Champions’ who won their title at an event that nobody has ever heard of).


She competed and won in Smackgirl, the premiere womens MMA organization of it’s time. Both as an amateur and a professional fighter.


Emily is also a no-gi champion. She’s taken gold at the Pan Am No Gi Championships in the Absolute (no weight limit) division! And a silver medal in the World No-Gi Championships.


Emily has learned from many of the very best instructors in the world, including Marcus Soares, Ricardo Almeida and Renzo Gracie.


Marcelo Garcia is probably the most famous grappler active today. He’s a 5 time BJJ world champion and 4 time no-gi ADCC champion. But he’s also been an absolute terror in the Absolute division, regularly facing and submitting much larger world-class opponents.


She’s really taken the aspects of his game that most apply to smaller grapplers and created a system that she can now pass on to others.


So in addition to all her other experience, you also get the benefit of Emily reverse-engineering Marcelo’s game for you!


She runs a school in Princeton New Jersey, where she teaches men and women of a wide range of sizes.


She’s also a Head Instructor and Co-Founder of Womens Grappling, the only organization that hosts women’s-only training camps throughout North America.


Emily has worked, hands on, with literally thousands of people. Many of whom were on the smaller side and looking for a little extra help to deal with larger, stronger, heavier people.


Finally I’ve noticed that Emily has the ‘magic touch’ for connecting to people, breaking down and teaching techniques in a way that makes them easy to learn and quick to implement.


After we decided to work together, Emily and I spent months crisscrossing the continent to talk strategy, do research, and plan the script.


Originally we thought that the filming might take two days, but the scope of the project kept on growing. She wanted to cover every aspect of her approach to handling large and strong people on the mats.


We actually went way over the allotted time, and in the end it took FOUR SOLID DAYS of filming to get her complete approach onto video.


The resulting product is a professionally produced 5 DVD set. There are THREE core DVDs with over 5 hours of solid instruction and no filler. On top of that you also get TWO bonus DVDs with 2 more hours…



How to Defeat the Bigger, Stronger Opponent by Emily Kwok and Stephan Kesting

No comments:

Post a Comment