Saturday, April 26, 2014

Get Your Writing Fighting Fit -- Self-Editing Secrets Revealed Download

If you could edit your own writing, save heaps of money, and still get your material the attention it deserves, wouldn’t you?


Get Your Writing Fighting Fit reveals the inside information professional editors know about how to approach the editing task. Written for today’s writer, it provides both timeless information about how readers approach hard copy text and up-to-date information about how reading from a screen is different.


Keep in mind that "editing" is not "writing". "Editing" is what enhances our "writing". Before editing can do you a blimey bit of good, you need to start with solid writing. Your idea needs to be there, composed in reasonable sentences and paragraphs.


Then put your own writing through Audrey’s great seven step editing process and Bingo! You’ve got a great piece of prose."


Dear Writer, I know how it feels to worry about your writing and not know where to find help. I write myself, and as an editor, I work with writers like you all the time. I decided to extend the help I give writers by writing out the solutions to the most common problems writers have and making them available to you. Now my ebook helps writers to help themselves with those very real concerns about whether a text is good enough.


"I have finally made it through GYWFF. I love it! You know how much I want to become a good writer and this book certainly helps. Why? Because it’s about editing, not writing. While reading it I realized that it’s okay to make mistakes while writing, because you can always go back and fix them. Sounds silly, but for an anal engineer like me it’s almost a revelation. Even though I’ve always known that I don’t have to get it right in the first draft, GYWFF reinforces the point. Now I can relax while writing and enjoy the process a little more." –Bill Drago, East Islip, NY loving-long-island.com.


When I began to share sections of the text as I was creating the book, the writers were thrilled. Before I get into the details, let me introduce myself. My name is Audrey Owen.  I’ve loved words since I was a wee mite who slept in a crib. At two I reeled off nursery rhymes. As a child, I read for hours curled up in the big green stuffed chair. In University, I studied English literature. As an adult, I taught both native English-speaking children and preservice ESL teachers how to use language to best advantage.  My natural love of language and my habit of asking how and why writing works the way it does or how and why it misses the mark caught the attention of peers and a professor of writing.With their encouragement, I began to edit formally. Within the editing community, I’ve set myself apart by offering an educative edit that shows readers not only what needs to change, but why. The response from my clients gives me daily confidence in the value of what I have to share. So, just how will you benefit from my skill and experience? You need a competitive edge. . .


"An excellent read, it’s going to be really helpful to me when I have to write things for my employer. I found the parts about paring paragraphs really useful." –Lesley Pinkett, Ottery St Mary, England


You probably know that only one in ten submitted manuscripts gets even a first read at a publishing house. That manuscript is error-free and written in a compelling style.


You face an uphill battle against the idea that all self-published material is second-rate. The idea has a solid foundation in reality. To overcome the prejudice, self-publishers who want sales must be better than the rest.


Your words form your image as much as your power suit does. Within your business, you need your communications to be clear and concise. Time is money and confusion can lose you significant money. When you write to clients, you need to be compelling as well as clear.


"I’m working with analysts on improving their research reports, most of which are transmitted electronically. I was particularly interested in your comments about making onscreen reading material more readable." –Barbara Andrews, Quality Editor, Nerac, Inc.


Know this: Your instructors would not read most papers unless they were paid to do so. I’ve marked enough university-level assignments to know the effect of writing that makes a clear point in an interesting way.  Make no mistake, you do need to be making a good point to get a good grade. But if you are teetering between a B+ and an A, showing yourself to be articulate will tip the balance.


You write for a different breed of reader than those who write for hard copy publication. Not only do you need to know the rules for hard copy writing, but you also need to know what makes reading from a computer screen different and how to help your reader through your message.


Yes, Get Your Writing Fighting Fit removes the guesswork from your self-editing. No more wandering aimlessly through your text. Follow a system to fully check for the most common errors.  Briefly, Get Your Writing Fighting Fit gives you a system for editing your own work. It removes the mystery from what an editor does with your text, so you can do it yourself. That’s right, you can edit yourself!


You will learn how to self-edit. You will know what to look for and how to fix problems you find.


You will save money. For less than what you would pay for an hour of editing, you have the information you need to improve your own writing. Even if you go on to hire a professional editor, your editing costs will be lower because the editor can use a lighter hand. Time is money, and the less the editor has to change, the less you should be paying for…




");
var s = document.createElement("script");
s.type = "text/javascript";
s.src = "//cdn.chitika.net/getads.js";
try
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(s);
catch(e)
document.write(s.outerHTML);

());

Get Your Writing Fighting Fit -- Self-Editing Secrets Revealed

No comments:

Post a Comment