Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Internship Abroad Guide - How to find Paid Internships Overseas yourself Download

Learn how to go anywhere in the world for your internship abroad without joining expensive programs. Instead, do it all yourself and plan your own overseas internship today!


There are many websites out there that offer paid internship programs abroad. However, many of these programs require you to pay a large sum of deposit or some kind of monthly payment in order to participate. For my internships I decided  to apply for an overseas internship position directly at the source! The big benefit here is that YOU decide where you want to go, how much you want to get paid and which company you like to intern for.


Before I show you how to get one of these amazing overseas internships, let me quickly introduce myself.


My name is Sandor Kerst and on the age of 20 I went abroad for my first international internship in Thailand. A year later I accomplished the same thing in Japan for my disseration research internship. During my time abroad I have been to more than 7 countries in Asia, seen most of the countries I was interning in and made some amazing lifetime friendships everywhere I stayed. The best thing is that I arranged it all myself without the help of internship organizations online, exchange programs or any other kind of paid services. 


It is the ideal combination of holiday and study. During the weekdays you will work as a full- or part-time intern at the company you have chosen. During the weekends you will have the oppertunity to travel anywhere in or outside the country you are residing in. You will meet cool local people and other travellers and visit new places together every weekend. Depending on where you want to go, you can relax on the beach, party hard in the coolest clubs, eat great local food, go sightseeing or plan a adventurous trip etc. And in most cases you will even get a nice internship fee from your company which supports all of that! 


Getting an internship in another country is not meant for lazy people. The process of getting hired by a good international company might take a while and requires allot of patience and motivation from your side. But once you do get hired by one of your chosen companies, your time will be absolutely amazing. Are you considering going abroad for your internship. Here is what is awaiting you: 


…The above is just a small summary of the things you can expect during your internship abroad. But how do you obtain one?


If you search the web for overseas internships, an internship in Europe, internships United States etc., chances are big you will end up on a website that arranges internships for money. During my time abroad I met several interns that have tried these online bureaus for their internships. One of them told me he paid one of these agencies around $300 for a ‘guaranteed’ internship in Spain. However, $300 and a month later, they e-mailed and told him that there were no internships available in his field of interest in Spain on that time. However, they did offer him three internship placements at a couple of unknown companies in his own country. Does that make any sense? I strongly recommend you to not use these so called agencies!


The process of getting hired by an international company abroad is difficult to understand if you are unprepared. In most cases, you will give up after a while because most of them do not even bother to reply to your cover letters at all! Most universities do not offer what you are looking for. They might have connecitons with a couple of companies abroad, but that does not say anything. Interns I met from all over the world came by their own and arranged everything all by them selves.


I bet at least a couple of people will strongly recommend you to stay in your own country for your internship. Most teachers, friends and family members often think an internship abroad is:  too difficult, only meant for top notch students, requiring prefect language skills etc. That is what they’ve told me when I explained that I wanted to go for an international internship very badly. There where loads of oppertunities from well respected companies just around the corner, but I refused them all because the experience of living and working abroad is something unique and a once in a lifetime oppertunitiy. And yes, you can agree that arranging an overseas intership is not an easy job. Yet, there are only two essential qualties that will get you there: – Motivation – A high self-esteem So get yourself together, and get ready to find out how to get hired by an international company anywhere in the world for your dream internship!


When I came back from my first internship in Thailand, I decided to give a couple of seminars to classes on my own university. After every class, I noticed how many questions I received from my fellow students. Also by mail I received quite allot of questions which where all basically the same. “How do I find a good company in [cityname] and make them hire me?” After answering a couple of e-mails, I found out I was typing the same huge amount of text to everyone. So I decided to make one big bundle of tips, advice and explanations of how the complete process works from your country to the final internship destination. With the help of other international interns from all over the world that shared their methods and tricks to me, the guide will be able to show you how I and my friends were able to get amazing internships abroad without having allot of money or connections.


And the best thing is, the guide really helps!!! I gave the guide, in his pre-early release version, to a couple of students I knew that where trying to get an overseas internship…




");
var s = document.createElement("script");
s.type = "text/javascript";
s.src = "//cdn.chitika.net/getads.js";
try
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(s);
catch(e)
document.write(s.outerHTML);

());

Internship Abroad Guide - How to find Paid Internships Overseas yourself

No comments:

Post a Comment