Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Help With Your Teen Download

If you’ve found your way here, it’s probably not by accident! My guess is that you are unhappy with your child’s behavior and the relationship you have with the child. Do you feel as though your family is in ruins? Many parents I work with go as far as saying they feel like walking away from the family altogether, that they don’t even like their child anymore.


You may be experiencing the challenging behaviors that most parents face once their gorgeous children turn into the dreaded TEENAGER.


"Laura Carter has made a huge difference to our family. My daughter would not see a counsellor and I did not know where to go next. I felt completely isolated and full of shame. Laura helped me come up with a new plan and this time it actually worked. She has fixed my relationship with my daughter. I thought I had lost her forever and now I have her back. I could not ask for a better relationship with my teenager. I owe it all to Laura.Thanks for everything you have done for us."


"My relationship with my folks was over. They had kicked me out and I didn’t plan on going back. After working with Laura we agreed on some new ways of dealing with things and it made a big difference. I moved back in with my folks and things have been 100% better. If it weren’t for Laura I would never have the great relationship I now have with my parents. Thanks for the help Laura."


Suzanne and John have three children, Connor, 17, Sasha, 15, and Fletcher, 11. Eight weeks into the new school term their daughter has not returned to school. Suzanne and John do not understand why this is happening. They took her to see a counselor but after two visits Sasha refused to go back.


Sasha says she is too fearful to go to school. She is a bright student who has never had any difficulties at school before. At home during the last two years Sasha has become increasingly difficult to negotiate with.


Suzanne and John realize that they are in disagreement about the situation and what to do. In this family John tries to keep things calm with his daughter and not upset his wife. Suzanne has backed off from trying to get Sasha to do things like:


If this sounds like your current situation, you are not alone! Most parents have problems with their teenagers. Don’t be like other parents and spend a lot of time and money figuring out WHY your teen is behaving this way without fixing the problem. Help With Your Teen will show you HOW to get your teen to behave.


For those of you wondering what my background and qualifications are, here is a brief bio: I am an adolescent and family therapist with 20 years experience working with difficult teens and their parents.


I have worked in youth refuges with homeless teens, been heavily involved in juvenile youth conferencing and worked as a mediator in high level disputes between out of control teens and their parents. For the last ten years I have worked as an Adolescent and Family Therapist within the education system helping parents to regain respect and authority with their teens.


I have a Graduate Diploma in Couple and Family Therapy, a Bachelor of Social Work and a Masters of Social Work.


Most importantly and probably the thing that qualifies me the most is that I am a parent – just like you.


Your teen is now 15, 16, 17… AND nothing has changed. In fact your situation is likely to be worse. Your teen is bigger, more experienced and feeling very entitled to do as they please. If you don’t find help and change things, you could be even worse off in a few months.


What’s next? What are you imagining? Your child could eventually drop out of school, get in trouble with the authorities, run away, become involved in drug and alcohol use, hurt you or your other children, suffer an overdose, become a missing person or worse case scenario – end up dead.


What’s maybe even scarier – your other children could also follow down the same path, if they do not see you taking control for your family.


The problems will only get more serious the more out of control your teen gets and the longer you wait to make a change.


You arrive home from work and your teen greets you at the door with a big hug like they did when they were three.


It’s Saturday night…




");
var s = document.createElement("script");
s.type = "text/javascript";
s.src = "//cdn.chitika.net/getads.js";
try
document.getElementsByTagName("head")[0].appendChild(s);
catch(e)
document.write(s.outerHTML);

());

Help With Your Teen

No comments:

Post a Comment