Sunday, June 29, 2014

JumpTips - Learn how to jump higher, improve your vertical jump today with Chris Taylor. Download

Not that long ago, I was just like you. I was having some level of success on my team but I was not a star. I managed to make the team but I was not a star player. I was not the go-to guy. Heck, I wasn’t even a starter. But, I was pretty good.


After my first year, I was facing the difficult question of how to become more successful. I wanted to become the go-to guy, but had no idea how to become that. If I was to become the star I had always wanted to be, I needed to figure it out.


I needed to become far more serious about becoming the star player, or I could simply be satisfied with being a role player on the team.


All these years later and I still wonder how far I could have gone if I had worked harder. What if I had tried everything I could to make progress? What if I knew then what I know now…


Fortunately for you and I, my time in college did not go to a complete waste. I became certified as a professional physical fitness coach, and managed to coach the local kids basketball team in my spare time when I wasn’t training professionally. I had been the coach of our basketball team for 7 years, and a basketball coach for kids 5 years before that.


I have learned a lot about how to train people to become better athletes. I see the success in my players. Some of them have gone all the way.


You have the opportunity right now. You can learn from my mistakes. The time is right now for you to dedicate yourself to becoming the best player you can, and reach your ultimate goals.


It does still bother me that I wasted my opportunity. Maybe I could have been the one that had meetings with pro teams before draft day. But, instead of beating myself up over it, I made the best of it.


I finally did figure out that dedicating myself to my career is a key to success. I have poured over hundreds of athletic journals researching player development. My own experience in Physical Education has proven extremely valuable. I have fine tuned my own ability to get the maximum out of each of my players.


When it comes to basketball not surprisingly, having the highest vertical jump possible is a great benefit. Being able to jump higher than your opponent allows you to beat them to the rebound. You can deny them the shot with blocks they have never seen before. You can out vertical the other team to get off your jump shot and sink the winning shot.


And, nothing gets the crowd going and catches the eyes of recruiters like slamming a dunk. Imagine the roar of the crowd after that.


At first over the years I coached to pass the time, then as a professional fitness coach, I have managed to figure out how to improve my players jumping skills to the highest levels imaginable. And believe me, if my students can learn and improve with my techniques, you certainly can. Everyone knows that High School athletic students are not always the brightest ones around. If they can learn this stuff, anyone can.


My training program is laid out in simple and easy to follow steps. You are guided through everything. It really could not be any easier.


I have learned over the years that there are a few mistakes that athletes keep making when it comes to trying to improve their jumping abilities. These mistakes will definitely stop you from reaching your true potential.


One common mistake is focusing on the wrong muscles to develop, or not developing all of the ones involved in jumping. Too many athletes concentrate on developing only the large muscles. Sure, you may look good on the beach, but you will jump like a chump.


You need to develop all of the muscles involved in jumping and keep them in balance. Imagine a sports car for a minute. You could have the greatest engine in the world in it, but if you have the same tires your mom uses, that car will never be able to use that engine to its true potential.


If you target all muscles involved in jumping, you will be able to get the extra power needed to add inches to your vertical.


Endurance is nice if you are a marathon runner, but it’s not what you need to concentrate on to maximize your vertical. You need to train your muscles in a way that will add explosiveness. You need to be able to get your legs to propel you upwards like a rocket.


You are not interested in being able to jump up and down for 60 minutes straight. That would be of no use to you. Instead you need to have the ability to explode off the ground on demand. With the proper training that I can show you, you will be able to take off like a rocket whenever you need to and as often as you need to.


Another way to look at this is to compare the long distance runner and the sprinter. Would the long distance runner train by running as fast as he can for 10 seconds? Would the sprinter train by running for as far as he can for as long as he can? Of course they wouldn’t. You need to train like a jumper.


The last common mistake that athletes make who are looking to improve their jump is to only concentrate on one kind of training. When it comes to jump training, there are three main exercise types that are commonly used. They are weight training, explosiveness training, and jumping exercises. Each of these is important for you to some degree.


Unfortunately, too many athletes concentrate on only one of these training styles. Really…



JumpTips - Learn how to jump higher, improve your vertical jump today with Chris Taylor.

No comments:

Post a Comment