Tuesday, June 24, 2014

How to Operate a Backhoe, How a Backhoe Works Download

If you’ve got a backhoe, and you need some simple and practical help with learning how to put it to use quickly, then I’ve got good news for you. Here’s why…


Well, if you look hard enough in bookshops, libraries and search around on the internet, you might find varied bits of information here and there, maybe a couple of books that cover the theory and some of the techniques…


But I’m pretty sure you won’t find anything like this book – which takes you through the basics of how to properly operate any backhoe, including what the different controls are and how to use them. It contains step by step guides to the common techniques, checklists for routine safety and maintenance checks, and even tips from the experts which will save you hours of frustration.


Yes, I was in exactly the same position as you – looking for help on how to operate my backhoe properly. I was hunting around everywhere searching for information that would give me some idea of how the controls worked. I literally scoured the internet trying to find clues that would help me figure out how to get started with my backhoe.


Now don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t as if I was trying to work like a seasoned pro or anything like that – all I wanted were some easy and clear instructions to get me going.


Sure, there were a couple of places advertising training courses, but I wanted something I could use right now that would let me get to work straight away. The few books I did find on construction included some of the more advanced techniques and theory of backhoes, but they didn’t tell me how to work the darn thing!


Well, finally after weeks of searching in vain I finally gave up – there simply wasn’t anything out there that told me what I wanted to know about operating a backhoe.


Then, after thinking about the problem for a while, I decided do something about it myself – because I know for sure that I’m not the only that needs this information.


I decided to put something together, not only for myself, but for other people in the same situation. And I wanted to do it properly.


Now I wrote this handbook for you too, and right from the start it was important to create something unique that was based on what you really want, something that helps you do what you need to do and answers all your questions.


To do this properly, I had to find out what people like yourself really want to know about how to operate a backhoe, I wanted specific questions and problems that I could provide the answers to. I started off by contacting people who were searching for this information – and simply asked them the questions.


Of course while I had the chance, I collected loads of other useful information on what type of backhoe they had, what their level of experience was, what type of situation they would typically be operating in. This would all help me create a really useful handbook.


By the way, can you guess what the single most common question I came across was, the one that none of the other sources of information or books answered?


Once all the information came in, I had a pretty clear idea of what was needed, and then I went to the experts. Oh yeah, I also read every trade web page I could fine, every downloadable manual and guide, and I went to all the manufacturers websites and subscribed to their newsletters and downloaded their magazines. I even bought all the books I could find, so I was glad there weren’t many!


Sure, you can find information on what a backhoe does, and a couple of people have written about their own ideas on excavating and grading techniques, but what no-one tells you is how to get started if you’re a beginner, if you don’t know what the controls are and what they do.


Lastly, I looked around for well established and approved backhoe operator training companies, and went to the one with the best reputation. I not only worked for them, but I also put myself through an approved, official 5 day introductory backhoe operators course. And yes, I had to pay $2000 for it!


But of course, like any good researcher, when I was on the course I grilled their chief instructor who has been teaching this stuff for over twenty years, and…


I was a complete beginner when I did the basic operator’s course and one thing really frustrated me – nobody gave me a simple explanation of what the controls were and how I should use them. I just had to learn as I went along, making all the mistakes like everyone else.


Well, after getting more and more frustrated trying to remember which lever does what, the instructor told me one simple thing which made a world of difference and it all magically dropped into place.


What he told me was such a simple but important idea that I’ve dedicated a whole section of the handbook to it, and I’ve also included clear pictures to show the steps of this absolute must-know.


A daily routine checklist – so you can quickly confirm that your machine is safe to operate and ready for a day’s work – that it’s not going to let you down at a critical moment.


Simple servicing procedures – following them is easy and will improve your machines reliability and reduce wear and tear – which means you’ll have less downtime and less to pay for repairs and maintenance.


Trenching in a straight line – tips for marking out, starting the trench and moving along in stages without losing the line


The golden rules of trenching – the secrets which will result in smoothness and efficiency as a pro operator


Excavating with square sides and flat bottoms – expert tips on marking out, the correct sequence of cuts, and techniques…



How to Operate a Backhoe, How a Backhoe Works

No comments:

Post a Comment